Thursday 22 December 2011

Decisions

Ok, so I've more or less decided I want to continue pursuing a Heavy Metal style for this project, in particular drawing from Frank Frazetta's work (example: http://youtu.be/5mm65Opc74Y), with a major change being the inclusion of more clothing. An example of a similar compromise would be Brutal Legend by Double Fine, a game I endeavour to get a hold of for reasearch purposes.

The difficulties I will be facing however, will be overcoming my own severely deficient drawing capabilities. My hope is that enough practice between now and the project's completion will result in passable work.

For now, here's some images I've collected from the internet to get started on the conceptual designs.












2 comments:

  1. I really like the concept you're going for! While you are experimenting, one of the ideas I get looking at your source images is that of traveling musicians (ie their band is on tour or something), which would be a good opportunity to make them really grungy, as well as give them props and things like that that they might be carrying with them. Of course this depends on how closely you want to stick to the original storyline, where they are abandoned by their parents. With regard to the witch, I like all the ideas you've put out there. If he/she is the owner of the bar, you could have him/her be trying to entice young musicians into coming and performing at his/her stage forever, and the final oven sequence could involve a brainwashing machine or something. Just a few ideas :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for the feedback Bea, definitely going to be giving them complex costumes and props ;)

    ReplyDelete